I am a computer scientist working as a postdoctoral scholar at Globus Labs led by Prof. Ian Foster in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Chicago since November 2022. I am also the founder and elected chair of the SPEC RG Predictive Data Analytics Working Group.
In a nutshell, my research vision is to provide intuitive, efficient, and sustainable data science solutions across all disciplines and domains. Therefore, I focus on fusing Software Engineering, Performance Engineering, and Data Science. More precisely, my research vision encompasses the following three main pillars:
- Improvement of data science methods as well as their infrastructure (i.e., improve performance).
- Development of an automated framework to streamline the data science task (i.e., improve usability).
- Raise awareness and support for sustainable data science (i.e., improve energy efficiency).
In general, my research interest lies in, but is not limited to:
- Data management: The focus is on FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable) data management and the promotion of publicly available research data.
- Data privacy: The idea here is to exchange data with third parties, preserving the privacy of the data. I am interested in synthetic data generation and homomorphic encryption.
- Data science clouds: I am interested in the development, autonomous management (i.e., autonomous scaling of resources), benchmarking of various building blocks of such clouds, and runtime prediction and scheduling of data analytic tasks.
- Data science: My focus is on data analytics, clustering, and imputation. I am also interested in benchmarking and developing data analytics methods. In addition, I work on the application of such methods in interdisciplinary projects.
- Sustainable data science: Specifically, this involves the development of an energy efficiency benchmark for Deep and Machine Learning.
|Sep 11, 2023||The last Leadership Academy’s week-long training on leadership begins today.|
|Aug 25, 2023||Today the GAIN conference starts, and I’m happy to take part in the Science Slam.|
|Aug 24, 2023||I accepted the invitation as program committee member at the 14th International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science (CLOSER).|
|Aug 17, 2023||I accepted the invitation as chair for demo and poster session at the 15th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE).|
|Jul 17, 2023||Our workshop paper “Performance Impact Analysis of Homomorphic Encryption: A Case Study Using Linear Regression as an Example” was accepted at the 18th International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience (ISPEC).|
An Empirical Study of Container Image Configurations and Their Impact on Start TimesIn Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Internet Computing (CCGRID), May 2023
Methodological Principles for Reproducible Performance Evaluation in Cloud ComputingIEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), Aug 2021
Libra: A Benchmark for Time Series Forecasting MethodsIn Proceedings of the 12th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE), Apr 2021
Time Series Forecasting for Self-Aware SystemsProceedings of the IEEE, Jul 2020
Telescope: An Automatic Feature Extraction and Transformation Approach for Time Series Forecasting on a Level-Playing FieldIn Proceedings of the 36th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), Apr 2020